Jun 21, 2009

Going to Russia


I am flying to Irkutsk tomorrow afternoon via Khabarovsk from Niigata with Fr.Kotaro Sakamoto to visit Bishop Cyryl Klimowicz. This is my first time to visit Irkutsk after Bp.Mazur had been transferred to Poland in 2003 on the reason you know well. Though it is not my first time to be near lake Baikal, I have never met the present bishop of the Diocese of San Giuseppe in Irkutsk. I hope to have fruitful discussion with him on our intention to establish relationship with Khabarovsk Catholic community. We will be in Irkutsk till Friday morning and Fr.Sakamoto will return to Niigata on Friday. I will remain in Khabarovsk to celebrate Sunday Mass on 28 and will return to Niigata on 29, Monday. Therefore, the next posting for this blog will be on or after 29 June.

No comments:

Post a Comment